The Karlstad University is offering Global Scholarship programme to study masters degree programme. Scholarships are open to students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship programme is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
Karlstad University has consolidated its position as a mid-sized and innovative higher education institution with stable and controlled growth. The University is internationally acknowledged in several research fields and is, in addition, at the forefront of some. There are at least eight strong/excellent research groups of international excellence and of great importance to other research environments.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This scholarship is intended students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies commencing after June 2011.
- The scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if any of the following is true:
- You have already lived in Sweden for two years or more when the scholarship period is due to begin.
- You have a Swedish permanent residence permit or a work permit.
- You hold a scholarship for studies from Swedish Institute or from a Swedish university/university college.
- You already hold a master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
Scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fees. The value of the scholarship is stated in the notification of scholarship for each scholarship holder. The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fees of the programme for which you are awarded a scholarship. Please note that the Karlstad University Global Scholarships do not cover living costs. To be able to finance your stay in Sweden and get a residence permit for studies you need to show that you have funds for the total study period the first time you apply for a residence permit. For further information contact the Swedish Migration Board.
A printed and signed scholarship application form, together with supporting documents should be sent to Karlstad University, International Office, 651 88 Karlstad, Sweden. The application needs to be received 1 February 2017 the latest. Late applications will not be considered. You must apply for studies at Karlstad University before applying for the scholarship.
- Curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 2 page
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) must include personal data and your education background. Please also include relevant employment history and extracurricular activities.
- Personal motivation letter, maximum 500 words