THE FUTURE OF STEM SCHOLARS INITIATIVE (FOSSI) Student who want to study STEM!
- 15 February 2021
The Future of STEM Scholars Initiative (FOSSI) is a program providing scholarships and professional development opportunities directed at furthering science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in students from underrepresented communities. If selected, the student will receive a $40,000 scholarship award. This award will be disbursed in the amount of $10,000 per year, for four (4) years. Must attend an HBCU
- Applicant must be a high school senior (graduating class of 2021)
- Applicants must be completing or have completed high school successfully with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student at a college or university for the upcoming academic semester.
- Applicants must plan to pursue studies at a historically black college or university (HBCU).
- Applicants must plan to pursue studies in a field associated with STEM, MIQA, technical or operation manufacturing.
- Applicants must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicants must complete and submit a scholarship application by February 15, 2021.
This award will be disbursed in the amount of $10,000 per year, for four (4) years, and will go directly to the institution in which the student is enrolled. Selected students will also receive internship preparation and placement, leadership training, mentoring and access to the AIChE student networking opportunities.
visit www.hbcuweek.org/fossi to Apply for Scholarship
- Completed application form
- A letter of academic reference from a guidance counselor or teacher
- A letter of reference from an employer or community member
- Proof of acceptance at an Historically Black College or University (HBCU)—This can be submitted up until 4/10/21. All other application materials must be submitted no later than 2/15/21. • Must attend an HBCU to qualify • Be a high school senior (graduating class of 2021)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.