The Fox International Fully Funded Fellowship Program to Study Abroad, 2017/2018
- 8 January 2017
The Fox International Fellowship Program offers a fully funded research stay at Yale University for doctoral and graduating master’s students during the academic year of 2017-2018. International students are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The goal of the Fox International Fellowship Program is to enhance mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries by promoting international scholarly exchanges and collaborations among the next generation of leaders.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Graduate level students pursuing doctoral degrees and graduating master’s level students are eligible. The Fox Fellowship is not open to postdoctoral applicants.
Selection criteria: The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to serious research and show excellence in relevant coursework as well as strong evidence of research ability in the field of endeavor they are proposing as their Fox Fellowship project.
Fox International Fellows at Yale will receive funding for one round-trip coach airfare, housing, health insurance, and a stipend determined by Yale University to cover living expenses at the normal rates for graduate students registered for a degree at Yale University. Fellows may also be eligible to request an additional stipend for pre-approved research travel expenses relevant to their Fox research projects. Successful applicants from the University of Copenhagen must remain registered for a degree at the University of Copenhagen. At Yale University they will be appointed Visiting Affiliated Research Students in the Division of Special Registration for non-degree study by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to PhD Coordinator Anne Mette Schaffalitzky at muckadell-at-adm.ku.dk no later than 8 January 2017. Based on an assessment of all incoming applications, the University of Copenhagen will nominate candidates to the Yale Fox International Fellowship Committee who will be in charge of the final selection. The final selection will be announced no later than May 15, 2017. The application form is available at your PhD School. A complete application packet will include the following, all in English:
- Complete identification and contact information for the applicant with name, address, gender, degree program and expected graduation date.
- Statement of interest and research agenda wrote an essay addressing the specific research plan and how it fits with the goals and fields of interest to the Fox Fellowship (max 3 pages. Pages exceeding 3 will not be taken into consideration).
- One essay addressing the applicants’ experience and plans to fulfill the Fox Fellowship goal of fellows serving as citizen ambassadors, displaying leadership and interpersonal skills to promote peace and prosperity in the future (max 3 pages. Pages exceeding 3 will not be taken into consideration).
- Two letters of reference from relevant faculty members at the University of Copenhagen who can comment on the applicant’s research and studies as well as their commitment to leadership and service in the context of the Fox Fellowship’s overall goals.
- Official transcript of the relevant degree program.
- Recent TOEFL or IELTS scores, if available (not mandatory)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.