The Clayman Institute Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for International Applicants in USA, 2017
- January 5, 2017
The Clayman Institute is pleased to offer Postdoctoral Research Fellowships which will focus on the Institute’s theme, “Beyond the Stalled Revolution: Reinvigorating Gender Equality in the Twenty-first Century.” Fellowships are open to International students.
The Michelle R. Clayman Institute for Gender Research creates knowledge and seeks to implement change that promotes gender equality at Stanford, nationally, and internationally.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
The appointment is for two years. Applicants must have their doctoral degree in hand no later than 30 days prior to the appointment start date and the start date must be no more than three years after the awarding of their degree. Postdoctoral scholars will receive a stipend and benefits, set and adjusted in accordance with Stanford University rules, and must be in residence for eight academic quarters, beginning in the fall quarter of the 2017-18 academic year. The Clayman Institute is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and fair and open competition.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Postdoctoral Scholars will receive a stipend, with some benefits, and are expected to be in residence for the fellowship.
The mode of application is online. To apply for the Clayman Institute postdoctoral fellowship, please upload the application documents in this order:
- In 500 words or less, explain your general interest in becoming a postdoctoral fellow at the Clayman Institute and describe how your research interests can shed new light on our thematic focus: “Beyond the Stalled Revolution: Reinvigorating Gender Equality in the Twenty-first Century.”
- In 300 words or less, select a gender-focused current event and, using research, formulate an opinion piece. Make an argument for the way the general public should think about the event or issue you selected. The successful candidate will adhere to the300 word maximum_._ Paragraphs must be single-spaced. At the top of your opinion piece list only your initials, university and degree discipline.
- In 1000 words or less, single-spaced and including all notes and bibliography, provide an abstract that summarizes your dissertation.
- Provide curriculum vitae of no more than5 pages.
- Twoletters of recommendation. Confidential letters of recommendation are submitted via Interfolio. Do not submit more than two letters of recommendation. Only the first two letters submitted will be considered.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.