If you are eligible for the Bath Bursary, you could be paid up to £3,000 per year of studies to help towards course related costs. The Bath Bursary will not be paid during paid placement periods however you will continue to receive bursary payments whilst on an unpaid placement or study abroad.
The Bath Bursary
- Up to 3,000 GBP (£) per year
- 25 January 2024
University of Bath
Studying at Bath means joining our multicultural student community on a vibrant, friendly campus in a historic city. We're a university that's well placed to help you succeed, wherever you're from. We're ranked highly for overall performance, student satisfaction, and graduate employment.All Scholarships from University of Bath
To be eligible, you must:
- be an eligible new first-year Home UK* undergraduate student;
- starting a full-time campus-based undergraduate degree;
- be eligible for and have a student loans household income assessment of £25,000** or below.
You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your home address is in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education;
- your home address is considered to be in an area of general disadvantage according to Indices of Multiple Deprivation;
- you or your family receive a state means-tested benefit;
- you have an Access to HE Diploma;
- you are a care leaver;
- you are irreconcilably estranged from your parents or guardians;
- you are a Young Carer;
- you are a refugee or asylum seeker.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
If you are a new first year undergraduate student receiving a Bath Bursary, they will make an early bursary payment of £300 prior to starting your studies to support your access to and allow you to purchase any technology you may require before teaching starts.
In order to receive this payment you must have registered online, completed all administrative tasks associated with your confirmation of place to study at Bath, and have provided your bank details by a set date.
You will be emailed information on how to submit bank details should you be successful in gaining a Bath Bursary. Full information about this early payment can be found in our terms and conditions.
- Mid-February onwards: All offer-holders entry will be emailed information about scholarships and bursaries
- May onwards: Firm and insurance offer-holders will be emailed information on how to apply
- Mid September: Successful recipients informed of outcome
- Midnight (GMT) 26 January : Bath Bursary applications close
Bursaries will be awarded usually from mid-September, but the application will remain open until the end of January in your first year of study.
New first year undergraduates will be able to apply for the bursary through your University of Bath Application Tracker (Student SAMIS account).