Tbilisi State University Masters Scholarships for International Students
- Deadline: April 27, 2017
International School of Economics (ISET) at Tbilisi State University is now accepting applications for the academic year 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree program in Economics in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Graduates receive a Master of Arts in Economics diploma from ISET, which is recognized by the World Bank as one of five “centers of excellence” in economics education and research in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University is supported by BP, CERGE-EI Foundation, Governments of Georgia and Germany, the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, OSI, Sida, USAID and the World Bank.
To successfully complete the program, students must:
- Pass all first year courses (a grade of D- or above).
- In the second year, students must write a Master’s Project (15 credits) and complete and pass 15 elective courses (a total of 45 credits).
- In the second year, if a student is enrolled in a concentration he/she has to satisfy all concentration requirements, as formulated by the concentration coordinator.
- Write and successfully defend their Master’s Project.
- Meet the minimum overall GPA requirement of 2.67 (B-).
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 2,250 GEL
Amount you pay depands on the results of your performance at National Entrance Exams:
- If you receive 100% of the state grant (2,250 GEL), you pay 0 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 70% of the state grant (1,575 GEL), you pay 675 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 50% of the state grant (1,125 GEL), you pay 1,125 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 0% of the state grant (0 GEL), you pay 2,250 GEL in a year.
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 3,000 USD
- Scholarships: ten scholarships are available for international students, covering up to 60% of tuition cost
- Stipends: outstanding students are granted monthly stipends, depending on performance
- Housing: International students will be considered for housing support in TSU dorms or ISET-rented apartments
Number of Scholarships: There are ten scholarships available for international students.
Applications are to be submitted online as follows:
- Complete an application form.
- Upload a statement of purpose – a one or two-page essay explaining your motivation to study economics and how a master’s degree in economics is related to your career goals and intellectual interests (in PDF format).
- Upload diplomas and transcripts from previously attended educational programs (BA/MA Degrees or equivalent). If the documents are not in English, please provide translated versions. All documents should be scanned and attached in PDF format.
- Upload your GRE or GMAT scores.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.