This award recognises the academic achievements of applicants from Vietnam.
The Sydney International Student Award celebrates our diverse and talented community of international students. We want to help motivated applicants to achieve their personal and academic goals, by supporting their study at the University of Sydney.
- be an international student
- be a Vietnamese citizen (dual Australian and New Zealand citizens are not eligible)
- receive admission into a full-time undergraduate coursework, postgraduate coursework, or postgraduate research degree, commencing in 2022.*
- not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia
- not have already started a degree at the University of Sydney at the time that you apply for the award. However, you are eligible if you are completing a degree here and are applying for the award with a second degree.
*This award is not available for the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Executive MBA (EMBA), study abroad, executive education programs, or courses offered in distance mode or to students participating in a Law Dual Degree pathway program.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- Apply for you chosen degree
- As part of the application process for your chosen degree, you will be asked to submit a personal statement using this template to apply for the Award.
In this personal statement, you will be asked to:
- Tell us about yourself (maximum 200 words)
- Tell us what has inspired you to apply to the University (maximum 200 words)
- Tell us what you want to achieve with your studies at the University or how it will help you to achieve your goals (maximum 200 words).
If you are successful in receiving the Award, you will be advised when you receive your offer of admission via email. The Award contribution will be applied to your tuition fee in your admissions offer letter.