Science and Engineering: Swansea University Faculty of Science and Engineering Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) PHD Scholarships 2023
Swansea University is pleased to support the Chinese Scholarship Council Scheme (CSC) for the 23/24 academic year for full-time doctoral study, commencing in October 2023.
This year, up to ten CSC applications will be supported by Swansea University. Each scholarship is offered for a maximum period of three years; CSC students are expected to submit their theses within this timescale.
Applicants should be aware that faculty-based shortlisting panels are expected to sit in February 2023. Please note that shortlisting panels may contact candidates within this period. Interviews are expected to take place in early March 2023.
Please Note that any offers will be conditional upon applicants being successful with their application to the Chinese Scholarship Council for an October 2023 start.
The School of Aerospace, Civil, Electrical, General and Mechanical Engineering is pleased to welcome applications for support with CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The School of Biosciences, Geography and Physics is pleased to welcome applications for CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Biosciences (e.g. Aquatic systems, behavioural ecology and evolution, ecosystem dynamics, and natural resources)
- Human and Physical Geography (e.g. Environmental hazards, climate change, glaciology, remote sensing and modelling, and critical human geography)
- Physics (e.g. Particle physics and cosmology; atomic, molecular and quantum physics; and semiconductor materials)
The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences is pleased to welcome applications for support with CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Sport and Exercise Sciences
The School of Mathematics and Computer Science is pleased to welcome applications for CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Visual Computing
- HCI and Cybersecurity
- Algebra, Geometry and Topology
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Differential Equations
- Computational Mathematics and Biomathematics