Swansea University Faculty of Science and Engineering Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Scholarships
Project start date:
- 1 October 2022 (Enrolment open from mid-September)
Supervisors: Selected at shortlisting stage
Aligned programme of study: PhD
Mode of study: Full-time
Swansea University is pleased to support the Chinese Scholarship Council Scheme (CSC) for the 22/23 academic year for full-time doctoral study, commencing in October 2022.
This year, up to ten CSC applications will be supported by Swansea University. Each scholarship is offered for a maximum period of three years; CSC students are expected to submit their theses within this timescale.
Applicants should be aware that faculty-based shortlisting panels are expected to sit in February 2022. Please note that shortlisting panels may contact candidates within this period. Interviews are expected to take place in late February 2022.
Please Note that any offers will be conditional upon applicants being successful with their application to the Chinese Scholarship Council for an October 2022 start.
The School of Aerospace, Civil, Electrical, General and Mechanical Engineering is pleased to welcome applications for support with CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The School of Mathematics and Computer Science is pleased to welcome applications for CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Visual Computing
- HCI and Cybersecurity
- Algebra, Geometry and Topology
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Differential Equations
- Computational Mathematics and Biomathematics
The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences is pleased to welcome applications for support with CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Sport and Exercise Sciences
The School of Biosciences, Geography and Physics is pleased to welcome applications for CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Biosciences (e.g. Aquatic systems, behavioural ecology and evolution, ecosystem dynamics, and natural resources)
- Human and Physical Geography (e.g. Environmental hazards, climate change, glaciology, remote sensing and modelling, and critical human geography)
- Physics (e.g. Particle physics and cosmology; atomic, molecular and quantum physics; and semiconductor materials)
Project supervisors: all applicants should note that faculties will assess their supervisory capacity for individual applicants at the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process. The formal offer of a scholarship place to successful applicants is contingent on relevant supervisor capacity and experience having first been confirmed by staff internally.
Informal scholarship enquiries from applicants to prospective supervisors – prior to the application deadline – are warmly encouraged; please direct these to the relevant member/s of faculty staff.