Summer Studentships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in Switzerland, 2017
- Bachelor, Master
- 27 January 2017
Applications are invited for CERN Summer Studentships studentships 2017 available for the students of any state other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey).
Program offers undergraduate and junior postgraduate students of physics, computing and engineering to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
CERN’s people are driven by a shared goal, a single purpose. They want to achieve the impossible, to do what’s never been done before. Everyone here strives to be the best they can be, true specialists and industry “firsts” are created regularly – not just in the world of physics.
Applicants must have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- You are a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Cyprus, Pakistan, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine)
- You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) in either physics, computing or engineering.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2017, you are also eligible to apply. By the time of starting your summer student appointment, you must have completed at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Trainee, Technical Student, User…) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Duration of stay:
- 8 weeks (dates of stay to be indicated on the application form)
- Working time: 40 hours/week
- Report to be submitted by the end of stay
What We Offer:
- Technical project
- Travel allowance
- Membership to the Health Insurance Scheme (for the students with CERN contracts)
- 6 weeks Lecture Programme: end June – beginning of August
- Assistance in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the Laboratory
Please apply online before January 27, 2017 and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 30th January 2017:
- Recent Reference Letters – Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt which contains a link. You must forward this link to your two referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter. In order to be considered for the programme we need to receive Two Recent Reference Letters.
- Most Recent Academic Transcript( an official document giving an overview of your marks; either issued from your university or copy of the transcript from your university portal) – If the academic transcript is not written in latin characters please upload also a translation (English or French) (can be made by you).
- CV (English or French)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.