Summer Program 2017 - School of Engineering, University of Tokyo
- Bachelor, Master, Phd
- Fully Funded
- 25 January 2017
The summer program at the University of Tokyo’s School of Engineering is an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in scientific research projects at world-leading laboratories.
The program aims to give undergraduate and graduate students from around the world the chance to gain short-term research experience in scientific fields. Students will build their researching skills and expand their international networks. Students will also have the opportunity to work with Japanese students to build friendships and share knowledge they can use in in further collaborative efforts.
While the full-time laboratory program is three to five weeks long (depending on the laboratory the student belongs to), the program also provides students with chances to learn about the Japanese culture and language. Additionally, summer program students are welcome to use the UTokyo campus facilities (libraries, health center, gymnasium)
3-5 weeks between June 26, 2017 and August 4, 2017.
(program start date and duration vary depending on laboratory; please refer to the host lab’s schedule for details)
※Students must start the program on either June 26 or July 3, 2017.
Applicants must satisfy all below eligibility requirements (a-e).
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a UTokyo partner university or other institution designated by the School of Engineering.
- NOTE: Undergraduate applicants must have completed at least two full years of study in a bachelor’s degree program by the time the summer program begins.
- Strong record of academic performance.
- High level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79, or IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or equivalent (if applicant is not a native English speaker or if English is not applicant’s first language).
- Interested in pursuing a Ph.D.
- Have not taken part in this program before.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Financial Support Stipend: JPY 80,000 (fixed; amount independent of program length) (FUTI recipients ineligible for this stipend) Note: FUTI (Friends of UTokyo, Inc) Awards are for students enrolled in US universities. Accommodation: off-campus accommodation Travel costs such as round-trip airplane tickets from the student’s home country to Japan, domestic travel expenses in Japan, or transportation fees from the student’s home to their nearest airport are not included in financial support for this program
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.