Study grants of the amount of 4000 CHF
The Foundation for the Lugano Faculties of USI and the Università della Svizzera italiana, will award a total of 60 one-off study grants of the amount of 4'000 CHF each.
The merit based grants are given to students admitted as first-year students of a USI Master programme. Merit is determined based on the results of the academic degree that gives access to the Master (usually the bachelor's).
Distribution of the grants will be as followed:
20 grants will be awarded to students that pursued a Bachelor degree at a Swiss University,
20 to students that pursued a Bachelor degree at an Italian University and
20 to students that pursued a Bachelor degree in a University from other countries.
- The applicant must have obtained the Bachelor’s degree (passed all the exams and defended the thesis) by July 31st,2015 with a cumulative grade point averageof at least 80/100.
- Applicants must have been admitted to the first year of a USI Master programme beginning in September2015. Applications from students enrolled in a USI Master before September 1st, 2015 will not be considered.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The grant is awarded in the form of a deduction of the tuition fee and cannot be exchanged for cash. If the recipient decides not to register at USI, he/she may not, under any circumstances, ask for a deposit in the amount of CHF 4’000.–. Likewise, if the student recipient of the grant withdraws after the first semester, he/she may not request the amount of the grant. The grant cannot be renewed.
For the student recipient of the grant who pays the semester tuition fee of CHF 2000.
- the entire fall semester fee is covered by the grant;
- the student is, however, required to pay the deposit of CHF 1000.– to confirm the enrollment: this amount will be refunded by the end of the fall semester;
- the spring semester fee is automatically covered by the grant.
For the student recipient of the grant who pays the semester tuition fee of CHF 4000.
the student has to cover the fall semester fee
Students coming from EU countries: deposit of CHF 1000.– to confirm the enrollment within the date indicated and the balance of CHF 3000.– by the time of formal registration
Students from countries outside the EU: payment of CHF 4000.– to confirm theenrollment within the date indicated
the spring semester fee is automatically covered by the grant.
The grant cannot be combined or accumulated with other scholarships provided by USI.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.