Strathclyde Faculty of Engineering international awards in UK
- Master, Phd
- Up to £5,000
- 18 January 2021
We offer a number of scholarships for our applicants joining our January 2021 intake postgraduate taught programmes, and applicants joining our postgraduate research programmes in the 2020/21 academic year. All self-funded, international (non-EU) fee-paying offer holders with strong academic qualifications are encouraged to apply. Please note - you must hold an offer to a full-time degree programme starting in the 2020/2021 academic year before your scholarship application will be considered.
To be considered for the Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship applicants should have a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their undergraduate degree.
To be considered for a Dean’s International Excellence Award (value: £5,000), applicants are required to demonstrate:
- Academic excellence (typically a UK first class undergraduate degree or international equivalent).
- Their potential to make a significant contribution to the Strathclyde community during their studies, and in their chosen profession upon graduation
Applicants to the Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship who fulfil the above criteria will be automatically be considered for the Dean’s International Excellence Award. Scholarship decisions will be made on the basis of information contained in your postgraduate taught admissions and scholarship applications.
To be considered for a Dean’s International Excellence Award, scholarship applications must be submitted by 30 November 2020.
Postgraduate taught applicants only:
- Postgraduate taught applicants who wish to be considered for the Dean’s International Excellence Award must apply by no later than 30 November 2020. Following this deadline those candidates who have been selected to receive this scholarship will be notified by email.
- Those candidates who are selected for the Dean’s International Excellence Award will be required to pay their deposit within 3 weeks of notification to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- After 30 November 2020, postgraduate taught applicants may still apply to receive a Faculty of Engineering International Scholarship (value: 15% of tuition fee) only.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- The value of the postgraduate taught scholarship award is equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for your first year of study. This is typically £3,150 for programmes with a tuition fee of £20,900. The amount varies for selected programmes with a different tuition fee, including programmes within Biomedical Engineering.
- Applicants awarded the scholarship and studying an 18 month MSc programme will receive a scholarship equating to 15% of the total cost of their programme.
- If you're applying for postgraduate research degree programme, you'll receive a scholarship award equivalent to a 15% reduction of your tuition fees for each year of study. Your first year’s scholarship will be £3,150.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.