With a student-friendly population and a self-contained campus, you'll find that Dundee is one of the best places in the United Kingdom to live, work, and study.
Steve Weston International Scholarship at University of Dundee in UK
- Tuition fees + £1,050 per month
- 30 November 2021
- Already hold an Honours degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for January 2022 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Payment of academic tuition fees (£18,950)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)
There is no separate application form for the Steve Weston Scholarship.
Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programmes should provide a 300-word Personal Statement and their updated CV to be sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson email@example.com
Given that these Scholarships are highly competitive, it is important to demonstrate in your Personal Statement that you are motivated to make a career that will take you to a position of leadership in the energy or natural resource development sector in your own country within 10 years of your Scholarship. You must be committed to networking to find global solutions and you should be able to use your studies and experience gained in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK. You should become a first-class ambassador for the UK in your home country.
Your Personal Statement should emphasise the following points:
- Your ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities
- Your skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions
- Your networking ability, ambition and plans for the future
- Your academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity
- Your outside interests – i.e. hobbies and activities