STARR Scholarship at Michigan State University
- Pays all regular costs for 8 semesters at Michigan State University
- 31 October 2019
An anonymous private donor has established the STARR Charitable Foundation Scholarship to provide a unique educational opportunity to high school seniors who reside in the State of Wyoming and in the Upper Peninsula of the State of Michigan.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must:
- Demonstrate academic interest and achievement by attaining grade point averages of 3.0 or better in an academic program rich in core subjects. Students with higher academic averages will not be given preference until the following personal traits have been demonstrated.
- Demonstrate by their record of performance and through recommendations that they are truly ambitious, talented, and enthusiastic in their academic and extracurricular activities.
- Exhibit leadership traits, to be honed by their academic studies, that are predictive of their capacity to emerge as tomorrow's leaders - leaders in their communities, businesses, and professions.
- Demonstrate extraordinary skills, talents, curiosity to learn and grow, good moral character and unique characteristics that distinguish them from their peers. Manifest ethical behavior and good moral character at all times and in all circumstances.
- Pays all regular costs for eight (8) semesters at Michigan State University
- Includes tuition, fees, books, room, board, and incidental expenses as defined by the University
The STARR Charitable Foundation Scholarship review panel will focus upon a variety of qualities and characteristics to select the nominees for the award. In order to assist the review panel in identifying these qualities, each candidate is expected to prepare a short essay for each of the numbered items below. These short essays are in addition to the essay that was submitted with the MSU admissions application. Please limit your response to each item to 250 words. If you have any questions, please visit our website to contact us.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.