The Society of Iranian-American Women for Education (SIAWE) Scholarship is a $3,500 spring award that recognizes a student of Iranian descent who demonstrates financial need and academic excellence. The award can either be applied towards the spring tuition bill or be paid out as a cash award.
Cash awards are subject to a 14% tax. Thank you letters are required upon being selected for the Society of Iranian-American Women for Education (SIAWE) Scholarship. Awards will not be applied to recipient's accounts until a thank you letter is received.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
In addition to the online application, the following criteria must be met and included with your application to be considered complete:
- Personal Statement: You must provide a typed statement (minimum 300 words, maximum of 2 pages) that addresses the following points:
- Financial need – indicate need for financial assistance, including any recent changes in your financial situation (e.g. medical bills, loss of sponsorship).
- Career goals - indicate what your future plans are after graduating from UT Austin.
- Bank statements: You must provide copies of your monthly bank statements for the most recent three months, including a statement of deposits and balances. Note: Bank statements should be in English.
- Special documentation (if applicable): Submit evidence of termination of a scholarship, loss of sponsorship, medical bills, or written documentation of government restrictions on funds/resources permitted out of your country that demonstrate financial need.