Sobey MBA Scholarships
- $30,000 for 16 month program
- 1 March 2020
We are pleased to offer five of these Sobey MBA Scholarship entrance awards annually starting in September 2020. These scholarships will be presented to exceptional students from across Canada in recognition of their accomplishments, and as encouragement and support for their success in the Sobey School of Business.
Our goal is to attract and support students from across the country by distributing these regionally, with two for students from Western Canada and the Territories, two for students from Ontario and Quebec, and on for students from Atlantic Canada. Additionally, we aim to award a minimum of 2/5 to women applicants.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents entering the MBA program in the Sobey School of Business as full-time students.
- Demonstrate excellent academic achievement, normally a GPA of 3.5 out of 4.3 or higher, and/or a GMAT score of 650 or higher.
- Demonstrate interest or involvement in such areas as responsible leadership, entrepreneurial mindset, or innovative thinking.
- Must be commencing studies in the year the scholarship is awarded. Candidates who have already begun their studies are not eligible.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Sobey MBA Scholars will be members of a special student and alumni cohort within the University. This cohort will consist of all current and past students and faculty members who are the recipients of financial support from Sobey Family/Foundations and Sobeys Inc. This student and alumni cohort will have special programming, supports, and communication, including an annual event to build a strong sense of community and connection.
All Canadians and permanent residents applying for admission to the Sobey MBA Program by the posted scholarship deadline in any given year will automatically be considered for the Sobey MBA Scholarships. Applicants will be required to complete the online application form and provide the associated materials, e.g., resume, references, academic transcripts and GMAT test score. An additional interview must also be completed.
If you have any questions, please contact us through our website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.