Sobey Innovators Scholarship
- 1 March 2020
We are pleased to offer 10 renewable Sobey Innovators entrance awards. These scholarships will be presented to exceptional students from across Canada in recognition of their accomplishments, and as encouragement and support for their success in the Sobey School of Business.
The initial scholarship in academic year 1 is $20,000. The renewal value in academic years 2-4 is $10,000 per year. The total value of the scholarship over four years is $50,000.
- Must be accepted into the Bachelor of Commerce program (September intake), entering the first year as a full-time student
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents who recently graduated from high school.
- Must have (normally) a minimum of 90% average, or an IB Diploma score of 36, out of high school and demonstrate leadership in extra-curricular activities.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Recipients of the Sobey National Innovator Scholarships will be members of a special student and alumni cohort within the University. This cohort will consist of all current and past students and faculty members who are the recipients of financial support from Sobey Family/Foundations and Sobeys Inc. This student and alumni cohort will have special programming, supports, and communication, including an annual event to build a strong sense of community and connection.
In the event that a student does not meet the requirements for renewal of their scholarship, award or other such financial support, he/she will continue to be considered a member of the student and alumni cohort.
- PIBS Scholarship Application (part of the Named Entrance Award form)
- 750-word essay based on student community involvement, contribution to school life and plans for the future
- A resume that should comment on such things as involvement in community service, participation in student government, athletic achievement, extracurricular activities, and volunteer and/or paid work.
- Letter of recommendation from the high school principal, guidance counselor or teacher
If you have any questions, please contact us through the website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.