SOAS, University of London Paul Webley Alphawood Scholarships in UK, 2017-2018
- Deadline: February 22, 2017
The Alphawood Foundation is offering Paul Webley Alphawood Scholarships for pursuing full-time MA Human Rights Law, Full-time LLM Human Rights, Conflict and Justice programmes at the SOAS, University of London. UK/EU or overseas students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
SOAS, University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the University of London. Founded in 1916, it is regarded as one of the leading universities in Europe.
Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship
- Must possess a good honours degree, preferably first-class, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Open to applicants paying fees at the UK/EU or overseas rate
- Candidates undertaking the MA in Human Rights Law must demonstrate how they will specialise in the promotion and protection of the rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender persons under the law
- Candidates undertaking the LLM in Human Rights, Conflict and Justice must demonstrate how they will specialise in the promotion and protection of the rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender persons under the law.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
The Paul Webley Alphawood Scholarship will cover tuition fees.
Applicants must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must have an offer of admission to one of the eligible degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks before the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK Local time) on 22 February 2017
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form, which will be available here on 24 January 2017.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.