Sir Sze-yuen Chung Postgraduate Merit funding for Hong Kong Students at University of Sheffield
- 17 May 2021
We are delighted to offer 1 Sir SY Chung Scholarship in 2021 to a student that is a national of or permanently domiciled in Hong Kong. This is a competitive award worth £7,000 towards the original tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme starting in September 2021.
The University of Sheffield
- You must hold an offer to study a full-time or part-time postgraduate taught course at the University of Sheffield.
- Your programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2021.
- You must be a national of or permanently domiciled in Hong Kong.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable, this includes, but is not exclusive to the following courses:
- DClinDent Orthodontics
- MClinDent in Orthodontics
- DClinDent Endodontics
- MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry
- DClinDent Periodontics
- MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology
- DClinDent Prosthodontics
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
£7,000 towards the original tuition fee.
You can apply for this scholarship through an online application form and is accessed via MUSE (an online portal for applicants). If you are eligible, you'll receive an email inviting you to apply after you have been offered a place on a course at The University of Sheffield. You will also be considered for a range of other scholarships by applying through the same form.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.