Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Fully Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
This scheme offers recently qualified postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to start independent research careers, working in some of the best research environments in the world.
We expect you to identify an important biomedical or population health research question and to drive the development of your proposal (although you should also get advice from your research sponsors and mentor).
We want you to use the fellowship to:
undertake a research programme that will not normally be possible in a standard postdoctoral position develop your scientific independence while working with the best researchers in the world expand your research horizons, through working in more than one research location, either in the UK or another country – ideally you’ll begin your fellowship in a new research environment or location, and there’s no limit on the amount of time you spend outside your sponsoring organisation.
You must have an eligible sponsoring organisation that will administer your fellowship for the full duration of the award and identify a sponsor and mentor. You should give careful thought to your choice of research sponsors and mentor; they should possess strong track records in research, training and mentorship.
Who can apply
You can apply for a Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowship if:
- you’re in the final year of your PhD studies
- you have no more than two years of postdoctoral research experience (from the date of your PhD viva to the date of the interview).
You must have:
- an eligible sponsoring organisation in the UK or Republic of Ireland that will administer the fellowship for the full duration of the award
- a research project within our scientific remit.
**You must also: **
- be a UK/European Economic Area national
- have a relevant degree from a UK or Republic of Ireland university
- have worked in a UK or Republic of Ireland university, hospital or organisation for a continuous period of at least three years.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
£250,000, including salary, fellowship supplement and research expense.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.