Singapore Eye Research Institute Junior Overseas Scientist Fellowship in Singapore, 2017
- 31 January 2017
Singapore Eye Research Institute is inviting applications for the overseas fellowship from nurture young scientists and clinician-scientists around the world. Each fellow will be placed under the direct supervision of a host principal investigator at SERI.
The SERI Junior Overseas Scientist Fellowship is an immersion opportunity designed for budding researchers in ophthalmology and visual sciences.
Established in 1997, SERI is Singapore’s national research institute for ophthalmic and vision research. SERI’s mission is to conduct high impact eye research with the aim to prevent blindness, low vision and major eye diseases common to Singaporeans and Asians
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Self-driven individual with a strong interest in ophthalmology and visual sciences research
- PhD graduate with no more than 5 years of postdoctoral experience
- Not based in Singapore
- Not holding another concurrent fellowship or position of similar nature in Singapore during the proposed period of Fellowship
Monthly stipend of S$3,000 during the course of Fellowship. The Fellow will have to undertake his/her own arrangements insofar as his/her flight and living arrangements in Singapore are concerned. Ideally, this should be prepared prior to his/her arrival at Singapore. The Fellow will have to undertake his/her own arrangements insofar as his/her flight and living arrangements in Singapore are concerned. Ideally, this should be prepared prior to his/her arrival at Singapore.
Please submit the following documents to zhou.ting-at-seri.com.sg by 31 January 2017. They should be in either PDF (.pdf) or Word Document (.doc) format. Kindly indicate “Application for SERI JOS Fellowship” as the email subject header.
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Proposed Host Principal Investigator (PI) and training program
o You are required to approach a SERI faculty member who is agreeable to be your Host PI for the Fellowship.
o A proposed training program (covering the activities and timelines) has to be jointly developed by you and the Host PI and be submitted as part of the application.
- 1 short essay on your background and research, the goals you seek to achieve through this Fellowship and the relevance of this Fellowship on your research endeavours
- 1 reference letter from referee
o The referee is requested to email the letter directly to zhou.ting-at-seri.com.sg, with the email subject header “SERI JOS – Reference letter for [Applicant Name]”. Reference letters sent by applicants will not be accepted.
- Copy of certificates for academic qualifications and professional examinations
- Other information that is deemed useful.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.