Short-Term Scholarships for Egyptian Students in Germany, 2017
- Master, Phd
- 15 February 2017
Applications are invited for German Egyptian Research Short-Term Scholarship Program (GERSS). This programme funds research visits to a research institute, a state or state-recognised private university in Germany.
The German Egyptian Research Short Term Scholarship GERSS is a program jointly funded by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Researches (MHESR) and the German Academic Exchange Service, Bonn (DAAD) in order to finance short term scholarships for young Egyptian scientists in Germany.
All applicants have to submit proof of English language skills/abilities. The proof should be either IELTS (band 6) certificate or institutional TOEFL ITP (minimum score 550) or international TOEFL IBT (minimum score 80).
- The application is also open to non-public university staff members; however, all GERSS applicants should be affiliated to a private or public Egyptian university or Egyptian research institute. Scholarships are not awarded for general information gathering, visits or for the participation in scientific meetings
- As a general rule, candidates residing outside Egypt for a period longer than 6 months are not allowed to apply for GERSS
- Candidates who have been granted the GERLS scholarship may apply for GERSS – at least – one year after returning from Germany
- Applicants who have been rejected 3 times in the GERSS programme are not entitled to reapply
- Candidates from non-public universities will be limited in number according to the internal regulations between MHESR and DAAD
- Applicants submitting dual applications in MHESR or DAAD programmes are kindly requested to inform the DAAD Cairo Office in writing
- Candidates who received a DAAD/MHESR funded scholarship at a certain academic stage are not allowed to apply for GERSS, unless they change their academic status
- Academic studies in musicology are offered within the GERSS scholarship; however, instrumentalists can apply for the programme “Study Scholarship for Foreign Graduates in the field of Performing Artists”.
- Candidates from the field of medicine can only apply for GERSS, if they intend to visit Germany for research purposes with no direct contact with patients
- Applicants employed at the public universities or research institutes should fulfil the eligibility criteria of the mission department
- Graduates: should not be older than 26 years
- Medicine Graduates: should not be older than 29 years
- PhD candidates: should not exceed 36 years
- Postdoc candidates should not be older than 40 years
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Travel allowance for scholarship holders
- Monthly scholarship payment according to academic status
- Health insurance
The mode of applying is online.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.