Shell Oil Company offers $5,000 annual scholarships through the Shell Oil Company Technical Scholarship program. These scholarships are available to students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain colleges.
Shell is a leading oil and gas producer in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology and one of America’s leading oil and natural gas producers, gasoline and natural gas marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
Shell Oil Company offers $5,000 annual scholarships through the Shell Oil Company Technical Scholarship program to students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain colleges. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
Please read the instructions below carefully prior to completing the Shell Technical Scholarship Questionnaire and online application. To be considered for the Shell Technical Scholarship, candidates MUST complete the following:
Step 1: The Shell Internship/SRD Application (only applies to sophomore, junior, senior or fifth-year applicants based on classification for 2016-2017 academic year).
- Candidates need to successfully complete all steps of the Shell Online Application including the online assessments by February 1, 2017. Select students who successfully complete all components of the Shell online assessment process will be screened and invited to interview in person or via telephone. Applicants must successfully complete either a face-to-face or telephone interview to be considered eligible for the Shell Technical Scholarship.
- Candidates who have already completed the on-line e-assessments and/or Shell CAR interview are not required to do so again and can move directly to step 2.
- Current freshmen (in the 2016-2017 academic year) are not required to fill out the Shell Online Application and should skip directly to step 2.
Step 2: The Shell Technical Scholarship Questionnaire.
- A degree plan signed by your College Counselor or Advisor. The degree plan is a list of classes designed to provide you with the foundation skills necessary to be successful at the entry level in a particular discipline. All candidates must complete the Shell Technical Scholarship Questionnaire, and upload their degree plan as an attachment.
- All candidates must complete the Shell Technical Scholarship Questionnaire.
- The questionnaire may be started at any time and you may save your progress prior to submission. Please wait to submit the questionnaire until you have attached all required materials including your resume, Fall 2016 grade report and unofficial transcript. As a reminder, the deadline to submit all materials is February 1, 2017.
Step 3: Upload resume and transcripts
- Students of sophomore, junior, senior or fifth-year standing must upload their resume, Fall 2016 grade report and all unofficial transcripts(s) to their online application and to their Shell Technical Questionnaire.
All candidates must upload their resume and all unofficial transcript(s) to their Shell Technical Scholarship Questionnaire. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of July 2017. Scholarship checks will be sent to the Financial Aid office to be applied to the student’s account.