Sheila Owens-Collins Scholarship is a 4-year award up to $4,000, paid at up to $1,000 per year.
Sheila Owens-Collins Scholarship
- 30 November 2022
Entering African-American student pursuing studies in the life sciences.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Follow these instructions to apply for the UC San Diego first-year student scholarships:
- File your UC Application for Admissions and Scholarships by the November 30 deadline.
- For financial need scholarships, file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), OR if AB540 eligible, and unable to file a FAFSA, file a California Dream Application by March 2. Do not file both.
- Additional requested financial aid documents are due May 1.
- Based on the information you provided in steps 1 and 2 above, UC San Diego will consider you for any UC San Diego scholarships for which you qualify.
- Eligibility is limited to United States citizens, permanent residents, or California Dream Act students.
- UC San Diego will notify you of any scholarship awards by March 30. Check your application status online using the Applicant Portal.