SCI-Arc European Union Fully Funded Scholarship
- 15 April 2017
The SCI-Arc offers the SCI-Arc European Union fully funded scholarship for the students of one of the 28 countries in the European Union. Scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees in the area of Architecture within the Master degree programme. This scholarship does not cover the cost of living expenses, health insurance, personal expenses or school supplies during one’s stay in Los Angeles.
SCI-Arc was founded in 1972 in Santa Monica by a group of faculty and students from the Department of Architecture at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, who wanted to approach the subject from a more experimental perspective than traditional schools offered. SCI-Arc’s mission is to reimagine the very edges of architecture, educating architects to engage, speculate, and innovate.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- To be a citizen of one of the 28 countries in the European Union (Proof of citizenship will be required)
- To have studied architecture at a college/university and have received what is equivalent to an undergraduate degree in the United States, majoring in architecture by August 1, 2017.
- To submit a completed application and required materials for review. (A personal portfolio of architectural work is required)
- To be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. (Finalists for the scholarship will be contacted for a phone interview).
The scholarship will cover 100% of tuition for the M.Arch 2 program. The scholarship will also cover the tuition cost of the Introduction to Digital Design (IDD) workshop that is required for all incoming M.Arch 2 students.
The mode of application is online.
- Copy of applicant’s passport (photo page)
- Resume/C.V. which must include the following information:
- Place and date of birth
- Professional and artistic activities to date
- Prizes and awards earned (include year)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (in English) – a minimum of one is required
- Personal statement (in English) of no more than 1000 words, responding to a prompt in SlideRoom.
- Copy of academic transcripts (must indicate specific degree earned and date degree was awarded)
- Must indicate specific degree earned or evidence of titling process
- Must include a copy of professional license (if applicable)
- Professional portfolio (15-35 pages of architectural work):
- Completed presentation of a range of architectural projects
- Project’s name
- Brief description
- If any of the work submitted was completed in an architectural office or as part of a group project, an explanation of your contribution is required.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.