We are delighted to announce the availability of a number of School of Law funded PhD scholarships for full-time and part-time students from both the UK and overseas. We welcome suitably qualified applicants in the field of law and criminology for study commencing from 1 February 2022.
We particularly welcome applicants in the following subfields of law and criminology:
- Law and technology
- Public international law
- Family law
- Children and the law
- Public law
- IP law
- Wellbeing and the legal system
- Probation and non-custodial punishment
- Gender and criminal justice
- Criminology of war
- Colonial and post-colonial law and justice
The scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications are assessed on academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated, fully-developed research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor expertise.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
This scholarship will fund the following:
- Fees: Full payment of tuition fees across the course of study at the Home rate. For international students, the residual fee must be met by the individual.
- Maintenance/stipend: £9,000 per year for full-time students with payments being made to the individual in quarterly instalments for three and a half years after the start of the course.
- Research Training Support Grant: Up to £500 per year for 3 years with the balance of unspent funds rolling forward each year. Restrictions apply to the use of these funds and there must be a clear connection to supporting the research project. Any unspent funds at the end of the project will be retained by the School.
The above will be pro-rated for part-time students.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship you must firstly apply for a place to study, via the Postgraduate Online Application System.
- Submit the scholarship application: Once you have completed step 1, or if you already have an offer to study with us, you should log into your postgraduate application and complete the additional scholarship section.
- The deadline for applications is 26 November 2021.
For further information or support with your application, please contact email@example.com.