School of History Alumni Scholarship
This scholarship, for alumni of the University of Kent, was inaugurated in 1995 and has been awarded annually since. It is funded entirely through gifts from alumni and friends of the University. The scholarship is open to applicants from any subject; the successful applicant will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, achievements to date in their chosen field, their communication skills and their contribution to the life of the University community.
- hold a Bachelor's degree (1 or 2.1), or Master's degree (merit or distinction) from the University of Kent;
- hold an offer of a place for a full-time postgraduate research degree at University of Kent for the following academic year (current research postgraduate students will only be considered in exceptional circumstances);
- demonstrate that they have made a contribution to the wider University community, for example, through Students' Union activities - societies, sports, volunteering - or acting as a student representative on University committees;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to:
- explain their research clearly and without jargon to non-experts,
- convey their passion for their research to a wider audience,
- convince the panel of their research's wider value,
- act as 'ambassadors' for both the University and their subjects;
- be prepared to attend an interview in person at Canterbury on Wednesday 13 May 2015 (There are no alternative dates)
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees at the home rate and a maintenance grant at the same rate as the UK Research Councils (£14,057 for 2015-16).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.