Scholarships for Masters programme in Quantitative Economics
The English-taught Master’s programme in Quantitative Economics gives students strong preparation in contemporary economic theory and econometric analysis methods enabling them to analyze and forecast economic processes. The programme has a special focus on micro- and macroeconomic theory and it gives a training in solving real life economic problems via the application of state-of-the-art economic analysis techniques.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Applicants are required to have passed prerequisite subjects in the following areas: mathematics for the value of 9 ECTS and probability and mathematical statistics for the value of 6 ECTS
The Bachelor's programmes offered at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of the University of Tartu (both in Estonian and English) provide the required number of credit points in mathematics and statistics.
The total admission score will be the weighted sum of the score of the motivation letter (weight 60%) and the average grade of the previous level of study (weight 40%). The maximum possible number of points is 100. The application will be considered for the admission ranking if the applicant gains 66 points or more.
English Language Requirements
International applicants must provide proof of the English language proficiency (BA, MA programmes; intensive Estonian language course on the basis of English). The following tests with scores outlined below are accepted:
1. TOEFL (iBT) - minimum required score is 75 from internet based test. The TOEFL result must be sent directly to the University of Tartu by the Educational Testing Service. TOEFL institutional code for the University of Tartu is 0133. If a candidate has ordered his/her TOEFL test result to be sent directly to the University of Tartu, the score can be checked online before the paper reaches UT;
2. IELTS (academic) - minimum required score is 5.5 (no part can be below 5.5). Copy of the test result is accepted as it will be verified online by UT;
3. Cambridge English: First (FCE) - minimum required result is grade C (B2 level);
4. Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE);
5. Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE);
6. Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - minimum required score is 59;
7. Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA);
8. Cambridge ESOL tests: ILEC ja ICFE;
9. Finnish ylioppilastutkinto In English, long course – graded at least magna cum laude approbatur (M) 5.
10. English language test taken at the Language Centre of the University of Tartu or Tallinn University. The test has to be taken before applying, testing takes place only in Tartu/Tallinn, Estonia. Minimum B2 level is required;
11. Estonian state exam in English - minimum required result is B2 level (for exams taken in 1997-2013 66 points or higher).
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Tuition fee is EUR 3200/year. Altogether 26 students will be admitted. 24 full-time students admitted to this Master’s programme will automatically receive a tuition-waiver scholarship.
This tuition-waiver scholarship is for students who complete a full-time study load of 30 credit-points (ECTS) per semester. Students who do not complete 30 credit-points per semester will pay tuition fees of € 53 per missing credit point below the required number of ECTS per semester.
Applicants of Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan are eligible to apply for the scholarships from the Republic of Estonia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.