Scholarships for Master’s programme in EU Russian Studies
A two year inter-disciplinary MA-Programme combining political science, economics, law, history, linguistics and cultural studies. The integrated programme binds together the study of two main regions Europe and Russia in one coherent curriculum, providing a comprehensive understanding of political, social, and economic developments in the EU and its member states as well as in Russia and its neighbouring transition countries.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirements
International applicants must provide proof of the English language proficiency (BA, MA programmes; intensive Estonian language course on the basis of English). The following tests with scores outlined below are accepted:
1. TOEFL (iBT) - minimum required score is 75 from internet based test. The TOEFL result must be sent directly to the University of Tartu by the Educational Testing Service. TOEFL institutional code for the University of Tartu is 0133. If a candidate has ordered his/her TOEFL test result to be sent directly to the University of Tartu, the score can be checked online before the paper reaches UT;
2. IELTS (academic) - minimum required score is 5.5 (no part can be below 5.5). Copy of the test result is accepted as it will be verified online by UT;
3. Cambridge English: First (FCE) - minimum required result is grade C (B2 level);
4. Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE);
5. Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE);
6. Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - minimum required score is 59;
7. Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA);
8. Cambridge ESOL tests: ILEC ja ICFE;
9. Finnish ylioppilastutkinto In English, long course – graded at least magna cum laude approbatur (M) 5.
10. English language test taken at the Language Centre of the University of Tartu or Tallinn University. The test has to be taken before applying, testing takes place only in Tartu/Tallinn, Estonia. Minimum B2 level is required;
11. Estonian state exam in English - minimum required result is B2 level (for exams taken in 1997-2013 66 points or higher).
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Altogether 15 applicants will be admitted to this programme. Based on the admission ranking list, ten best applicants will be offered the tuition-waiver scholarship. Students receiving this scholarship do not have to pay the tuition fee if they complete a full-time study load (30 ECTS per semester). If students receiving this scholarship fail to complete full-time study load per semester, they have to pay tuition fee per missing credit point below the required 30 ECTS. Price per credit point is 53 euros. Further information on when you have to start paying the tuition fee.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.