Scholarships for High School Graduates at American University
- 1 June 2017
American University in Cairo is offering five full tuition and partial annual scholarships for high school graduates. Scholarships are open to Egyptian nationals to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Building upon the success of the Public School Scholarship Fund and Leadership for Education and Development scholarships, the Empower scholarship aims to provide the best public and private national school students with an opportunity to pursue their academic career at AUC.
AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and centre of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
- Public or private national high school graduate with demonstrated financial need
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 95 percent in thataway amma in the science division and 90 percent in the non-science division
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
AUC provides five full tuition and partial annual scholarships to thataway amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Beni Suef, Minya, Sohag and Fayyoum.
Number of Scholarships: There are five scholarships available.
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- Official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- Official copy of the thataway ammo certificate upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.