Scholarships for graduates from Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe
The Bavarian State Ministry for Education, Science and the Arts will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2015/16. Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine are eligible to apply.
have the nationality of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine.
• be living full-time in your home country at the time of application.
• be no older than 30 in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on the 1.10.2015).
• be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian university yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution).
• provide evidence of your German language skills, which should be at a level that you can master seminars and accordingly academic papers in German without difficulty. Note: when researching at an institute, where the working language is English, it is sufficient to send evidence of your English language skills. In addition, your supervisor at the Bavarian university has to confirm that your English language skills are sufficient for the planned research project. The same goes for study programs conducted in English.
• be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved/ or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree.
• be matriculated in a Master- or PhD-program at a Bavarian University of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship.
The scholarships are meant to finance doctoral or postgraduate studies at Bavarian universities. One year scholarships can be extended twice for up to 3 years. The scholarship is paid out monthly (700 €) and amounts to 8.400 € per year. Students with children or an unemployed partner and at least one child receive 860 € per month, which amounts to 10.320 € per year. Candidates should send their documents to the address specified in the important advice.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.