Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW) and the EU are inviting all international undergraduate, graduate and PhD students to apply for studying scholarships in Austria.
The area in which the scholarships are awarded are the following:
Human Medicine, Health Sciences;
The scholarships can be granted for up to 1 Academic year. Short-term grants (1 to 3 months) have a priority in the period from January to June. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
- Descendants of forced laborers (regardless of their country of origin);
- People coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers.
Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research:
- On their diploma or master thesis;
- Or their dissertation.
- Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline September 1, 2015: born on or after September 1, 1975) ;
- Other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline September 1, 2015: born on or after September 1, 1980).
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
Monthly scholarship installment: 940 EUR; Accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship; The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship; Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.