Scholarship for Postdoctoral Researchers (Limits of Explanation)
Within the grant "The Limits of Scientific Explanation" received from The John Templeton Foundation, Copernicus Center is announcing a scholarship contest for postdoctoral researchers in the research area of the limits of scientific explanation.
The Copernicus Center Scholarship for Postdoctoral Researchers, funded by The John Templeton Foundation, is offered to individuals who hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) in the fields of: philosophy, mathematics, mathematical physics, cosmology, psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, anthropology, religious studies and related disciplines.
Preferred research areas:
(1) Methodological and conceptual limits of scientific explanation;
(2) ‘Philosophy in science’ methodology;
(3) Issues at the intersection of philosophy and various sciences.
(1) A copy of the PhD diploma in the fields of: philosophy, mathematics, mathematical
physics, cosmology, psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, anthropology, religious studies and related disciplines.
(2) Additional PhD, MA, MS, BA, BS diplomas (additional points).
(3) Outline of the post-doctoral project.
(4) Very good or excellent language skills (English).
(5) Academic publications and talks at academic conferences.
(6) Participation in research grants.
(1) Preparation of two reports on the progress of the postdoctoral project during the scholarship.
(2) Preparation of 2 research papers and delivery of 2 talks pertaining to the postdoctoral
project during the scholarship.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
2000 USD/month (gross).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.