We are pleased to offer scholarships for forced migrants to the UK. The Sanctuary Scholarship is open to people who wish to study any undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree.
- Master, Bachelor, Phd
- Full-fee and £10,000 a year towards study costs
- 9 May 2022
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a forced migrant to the United Kingdom (a person displaced from their homeland or place of residence for political, economic, ethnic, environmental, or human rights pressures)
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, for example from Student Finance England or a local authority grant
- Have already applied to study at the University in the 2022/23 Academic Year. You must have received your offer to study by 9 May 2022.
- Not have a degree from a UK University of the same level or higher that you wish to study at Leeds in 2022/23.
As well as meeting all of the above criteria, you also will need to have the residency status of one of the following:
- Asylum Seeker - currently seeking asylum within the UK or Refused Asylum Seeker where your application for refugee status has been denied and a fresh claim is in process
- Refugee status or the spouse or child of someone with refugee status
- Limited or Discretionary leave to remain
- Humanitarian Protection status or the spouse or child of someone with Humanitarian Protection status
- Indefinite leave to remain
- Section 67 Leave
- Calais Leave.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Successful applicants will receive the full cost of tuition and £10,000 a year towards study costs as part of this scholarship.
Students should apply via the online form on our website.