Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a substantial programme of scholarships, offered on a matched funding basis between the Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions. The scheme offers up to 200 awards, each worth £2000. These are towards the tuition fees, for any one year of full time study, on an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, USA or the People's Republic of China (Hong Kong also being eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Complete an application form and submit it to their selected institution by the closing date of 31 March 2015.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- The course must be an undergraduate, Masters or PhD level course in one of the following broad subject areas: Science, technology, creative industries, financial services, renewable and clean energy.
- Courses must be full time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The scheme offers up to 200 awards, each worth £2000. These are towards the tuition fees, for any one year of full time study, on an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.