Rural Undergraduate Scholarships for Australian Students, 2017
- January 20, 2017
The Government of New South Wales is inviting applications for Rural Undergraduate Scholarships. Scholarships are available for people from rural NSW who are undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree in 2017.
The Government of New South Wales, also referred to as the New South Wales Government or NSW Government, is the Australian state democratic administrative authority of New South Wales, in Australia.
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident living in NSW?
- Will you be enrolled in an Australian Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree in 2017?
- Have you lived in a rural location (as defined for the purposes of these scholarships) in NSW for more than five years, within the last ten years?
- Are you intending to practice in a rural location as a registered nurse or midwife when you complete your studies?
- If successful, are you willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the scholarship?
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Scholarships of up to $5,000 are available.
Applications must be submitted online. Hand-written applications or applications received by any other means (eg. post or email) will not be processed. Supporting documents include
a) Official confirmation of your enrolment in an Australian undergraduate nursing or midwifery course in 2017 (pdf file less than 500KB). This document must include:
- The name of the course
- The year of study and a list of the subjects you have enrolled in for 2017.
Please note: If your enrolment confirmation is unavailable at the time of application, please provide official confirmation of your application for entry into an undergraduate nursing or midwifery course. As soon as available, please email your enrolment confirmation to nscholar-at-doh.health.nsw.gov.au so that your application can be progressed. Generic information about course subjects will not be accepted. All enrolment confirmation must be received by 3rd March 2017.
b) Letter of Support (docx file less than 500KB)
You must include a letter, from a person who knows you, which reflects your rural background, your character and desire to practice nursing or midwifery in a rural setting in the future. An appropriate person could be:
- Most recent employer
- High school principal or senior teacher
- A health professional or minister of religion who knows you
- An office bearer in a community or sporting organisation that you are involved in
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.