Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowships Program
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides support to young researchers working in academic and research institutions from eligible countries preparing a doctoral thesis. Research grants cover residence costs for a 5 to 10 month period in a renowned university or research center. Fellows are expected to advance their research work mainly by using the facilities and resources provided by the host institution and by interacting with peers.
Applicants must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for a fellowship award:
- Be a national and resident of a World Bank member country which is currently eligible to borrow;
- Candidates should be under 45 years of age. Candidates born before July 31, 1967 will not be considered;
- Must have completed and been awarded at least a Master's degree, or equivalent, at the time of application;
- Be regularly registered in a development related doctoral program;
- Must have completed all coursework and exam requirements for their doctoral program;
- Be employed as full time lecturer or researcher by an academic or research institution in their home country;
- Be accepted as a visiting scholar by a renowned university located outside the country of origin or residence for a period of five to ten months.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Candidates are requested to submit a budget for their fellowship covering the costs related to their research program: travel; insurance and living expenses; fees for courses and participation to seminars; and a books and software allowance. The grant amount to be awarded to each fellow will be decided by the Selection Committee. The maximum amount of the grant is US$ 25,000.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.