Good research relies on cooperation, and international teamwork is becoming increasingly important. This means that scientists and engineers with international experience are increasingly sought after in both business and industry. The number of truly exciting professional work programs abroad for students in the sciences and engineering is still far too small. Because of this DAAD set out to create unique opportunities for science and engineering students from the United States and Canada interested in gaining serious practical experience in Germany.
To apply for a RISE p_rofessional_ internship you must:
- be a student enrolled in a Masters or PhD program at a North American university (at the time of the internship) in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science or Engineering (or a closely related field) *
- be an undergraduate RISE Alumni or former DAAD scholarship holder in a relevant field studying at a North American university (at the time of the internship) *
- be a recently graduated student from a United States or Canadian university/college and hold US American or Canadian cititzenship.
Applicants must prove that they have student status at the time of the internship.
- German language requirements depend on the nature of the internship. Some require at least an intermediate level of German language skills while others require none at all.
- In addition to RISE professional DAAD offers another program focussing on universities and research institutes. Parallel applications to both RISE and RISE p_rofessional_ are NOT possible. Duplicate applications will not be considered.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
DAAD will provide a monthly scholarship of EUR 150 for undergraduates, EUR 250 for MA-students and graduates and EUR 500 for PhD students. The host companies will contribute an additional stipend of EUR 500 per month. Furthermore, each scholarship holder will receive a lump sum of EUR 800 for travel expenses and a German Railpass for the trip to the scholarship meeting in Bonn. DAAD will also provide health insurance and accident and personal/private liability insurance.
All scholarship holders will be invited to a 3 days meeting in Bonn.
For those who plan to attend a language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 80 % of course-fees (max. EUR 500).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.