Residence Hall Grant

  • Bachelor
  • up to

Grants and scholarships are funds you receive that are applied directly to the cost of your education. They come in two types: need-based and merit-based. Eligibility for need-based scholarships is determined by your financial aid application and takes into account you and your family's financial situation. Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on academic success or other accomplishments.


Transfer students and students living off campus are ineligible for this award. This means students who meet the two-year, live-on requirement and then live off campus in their 3rd and 4th year, for example, will not receive this funding. Eligible on-campus housing for the following academic year includes: • Centennial Halls • Centennial Towers • Dimond Family Residential Village • Johnson-McFarlane Hall • Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity • Lynn Marie apartments • Mesa apartments • Nagel Hall • Nelson Hall • Ridgeline apartments • Summit apartments • Transfer Learning Community House (Kappa Sigma house) • University Lofts apartments • University Place apartments

Duolingo English Test

Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.

Take A Free Practice Test!


Students awarded a merit scholarship (except the Rocky Mountain scholarship) are also automatically awarded the Residence Hall Grant, a $3,000 grant for full-time students who live on campus. This grant pays directly toward tuition costs, not housing or meal plans.

Apply Now

Sign Up for Scholarship Updates

Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.