Research Training Scholarships for International Students at Flinders University in Australia
- 14 August 2017
Applications are invited for Australian Government Research Training Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. Research Training Scholarship is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that covers international tuition fees and also provides a stipend.
The aim of the scholarships is to support international students in the field of research.
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. The university is ranked within the world’s top 400 institutions in the Academic Ranking of World Universities. Flinders University offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Flinders University is renowned for world-class research and innovation that is relevant, of high quality, and has real impact.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarships:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
These Scholarships will cover the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree, and provides the recipient and dependents with student health cover. In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $26,862 per annum (2017 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually. An IPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Numbers of Scholarships: Five
Applicants can apply via email.
- Academic Transcripts
- Applicants must provide a certified copy of all university level academic transcripts, translated into English, please do not provide secondary school certificates or non educational certificates or awards.
- Research Proposal
- You must include a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length, outlining the problem, hypothesis or question and the methodology or approach.Academic Referee Report
- Complete Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and forward them to two appropriate referees of your choice. If possible the referees should have an informed, personal and professional knowledge of your academic ability and be able to exercise judgment of your research potential. Academic Referee reports must be returned by the closing date.
- Curriculum Vitae
- An updated CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
- Application Format & Language
- All documents that are submitted electronically should be in English, saved preferably as a PDF and scanned and saved in the correct orientation. Please name all document with your family name and document name, for example: name_Transcript, name_publication 1
- If you send an electronic application by email and you are successful, you will be required to provide all of your original or certified documents to the International Office before your scholarship will commenced.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.