Research Excellence Fellowships for International Students at Central European University in Hungary, 2017
- Deadline: February 15, 2017
Central European University (CEU) invites applications for the Research Excellence Fellowships for the academic year 2017-2018. Fellows are supported for a period of three to six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU).
Central European University is a graduate-level “crossroads” university where faculty and students from more than 100 countries come to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of the society’s most vexing problems.
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores. Candidates whose first language is English are normally exempt from this requirement.
- Eligible countries: any country of the Global South;
- Eligible applicants should be employed, full-time or part-time, in the teaching or academic research institution in their home country at the time of application;
- Eligible applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent degree and have a substantial research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic units (departments, schools and research centers);
- Please note: those who are or who intend to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations during the period of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program;
- Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
Fellows are supported for a period of three to six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU). Fellowship award covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodations in the CEU residence and a monthly stipend of 1,800 USD.
Please send completed application form, a detailed research proposal, a CV and a photocopy of your Ph. D. certificate or equivalent credentials in one PDF file to the following e-mail address: Research_Fellowship-at-ceu.edu ( the subject of email “VRF 2017 + last name”). A complete application package should include
- Fully completed application form (available here);
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of most important and recent publications;
- 1500 – 2000 word research proposal;
- Photocopy of a Ph. D. certificate or equivalent degree credentials;
- Two letters of reference: scanned copies should be sent by the referees directly to Research_Fellowship-at-ceu.edu ( the subject of email “VRF 2017 + last name of the applicant”) by the application deadline. A letter of reference should be printed on an official letterhead of the home institution of the referee, and include referee’s signature and complete contact information.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.