The Regents Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship awarded to undergraduate students at the University of California. Regents Scholarships are merit scholarships, selected on the basis of academic excellence.
- $5,000 per year
- 30 November 2022
University of California, San Diego
At the University of California San Diego, we prefer the path less traveled. And it has led us to remarkable new ways of seeing and making a difference in the world.All Scholarships from University of California, San Diego
• Entering freshman or transfer student (both California residents and non-residents) • United States citizens, permanent residents, or California Dream Act students • Demonstrated academic excellence (strength and breadth of your high school academic program, grades and other academic criteria)
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Entering freshmen receive a $20,000 honorarium paid at $5,000 per year in each of their 4 undergraduate years (plus other special privileges).
- File your UC Application for Admission and Scholarships by the Nov. 30 deadline.
- If you wish to demonstrate financial need to determine if you are eligible for a Regents need award, then file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 2, OR the California Dream Act application (if you are AB540 eligible and not eligible to file a FAFSA). File only one of these applications.
- You don't need to file any other paperwork.
- UC San Diego notifies recipients of Regents Scholarships in March, along with the admission notice.