QUT PhD international awards in Models of Intergenerational Learning and Living
- $33,386 p.a. + tuition fee sponsorship
- 18 December 2020
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering one (1) full time, three (3) year PhD scholarship to undertake research into Inclusive Campus Environments Project as part of the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) funded Research Project, “An Inter-generational Learning and Living Campus: A New Model for Healthy Senior Living and Integrated School Communities across Urban and Regional Australia”. See https://grandschoolsproject.wordpress.com/
The PhD project is designed to gather multidisciplinary (property economics, planning and design) data, experience and knowledge to design and test small case study projects or pilots embedded within community applying experience and knowledge from successful national and international cases.
The project includes a review of existing literature and intergenerational programs. The data will be collected via key informant interviews and surveys. The project may also include existing case study data collection via observations. The project produces a case study model that will be tested with key industry or government partners.
You must have:
- completion of undergraduate or coursework qualifications in a suitable built environment degree that meets the entry requirements for PhD study at QUT. Please check your eligibility: https://www.qut.edu.au/research/study-with-us/phd
Ideally you will also have (not necessary but preferred):
- data collection and analysing skills (quantitative and qualitative methods)
- knowledge of spatial syntax mapping
- skills to observe the built environment
- knowledge of residential properties, schools, age care facilities (work experience in the property sector is beneficial)
- capability to communicate with industrial partners, senior residents, young students, international academics and partners.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- A research funded scholarship of A$33,386 per annum for three (3) years subject to satisfactory progress and full-time study mode. Please note there is a current travel ban for non-Australian citizens and non-residents, check Australian Government advice through the Department of Home Affairs.
- An Australian Government Research Training Program Fees Offset Scholarship; that is, a Higher Degree Research Tuition Fee Sponsorship for three (3) years for domestic candidates; or
- A QUT Higher Degree Research Tuition Fee Sponsorship for three (3) years for international candidates.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.