QUT Innovation Metrics Research international awards in Australia
- Up to $5,000 p.a. top up + project costs
The Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (ACE) is the leading hub in Australia for research-based knowledge in entrepreneurship, with interests extending into adjacent areas such as innovation and small business. ACE is an internationally-recognised leader in scholarly research on entrepreneurship. ACE manages the Longitudinal Australian Business Integrated Intelligence (LABii) Data Vault, the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) Australia, and is a member of the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC).
Dr Moyle has recently been awarded a DITID Innovation Metrics Mid-Career Research Fellowship. Working directly with the Queensland Government, the aim of the project is to undertake the first systematic assessment of innovation-driven entrepreneurs and ecosystems supporting Australian entrepreneurial dynamism. The project is a large complex integration project that brings together many different data
- Meet QUT's PhD admission criteria
- Hold first class honours or equivalent in a relevant field of research (business, management, economics or data science) Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science with 1st Class Honours
- Top-up Scholarship are open to domestic and international students who hold or expect to gain a research training program scholarship (RTP) or equivalent university award from Australia or their home country.
- Have applied for, or already started a PhD research program at QUT with Dr Moyle as your Principal Supervisor. Recipients of postgraduate scholarships are generally required to be Australian Citizens or hold Permanent Residency status. However, in fields in which there is a national skill shortage, scholarships may be awarded to overseas candidates, provided they meet Department of Immigration and Citizenship policy guidelines. International students must be able to provide evidence of admission to an Australian university.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- a top-up scholarship (for periods up to three years only) valued at up to $5,000 per year (tax exempt but with no provision for extension or paid sick leave) to supplement an awarded scholarship and up to $5,000 per year for project costs (to be determined on a case-by-case basis dependent on student excellence)
- the opportunity to work on a cutting-edge project in the area of Innovation Metrics
Submit your expression of interest (EOI) to Dr Moyle (email. firstname.lastname@example.org), including the following information:
- a cover letter
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV)
- full academic transcript
- a summary (up to 2 pages) of your scientific career, including:
- a summary of your final project from your most recent degree
- a paragraph on your research interests
- contact details of 3 referees (email, address and phone numbers)
- Information about your awarded scholarship.
- If your EOI is successful at this stage, you will be invited to attend an interview
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.