QUT Cyber Security CRC international awards in Australia
- Phd, Master
- Up to $50,000 p.a.
- 31 December 2020
You are invited to apply at any time for a CSCRC Scholarship to carry out research in one of the following CSCRC Research Themes:
- Resilient Systems: To automate the assessment of high-volume network traffic to identify ‘red flags’ that enable cyber security professionals to better prioritize their time on higher value-adding activities.
- IoT Systems –Security and Configuration: To develop new approaches to identify threats and secure the deployment of the Internet of Things.
- Next Generation Authentication Technologies: To develop authentication technologies to protect access to control systems used in the water, power, and mining industries.
- Emerging Threats – Network Forensics and Response: To develop techniques to trace (at a forensic level) where cyber threats have originated, and automate this ability across complex infrastructure and architecture environments.
- Platform and Architecture for Cyber Security as a Service: To develop a secure integrated platform that will enable cyber security providers to offer robust security services.
- Security Automation and Orchestration: To develop technologies for security orchestration that can be provisioned as cyber security solutions as a service.
- Privacy Preserving Data Sharing in a Hyperconnected World: To develop techniques for sharing threat data whilst ensuring data remains confidential, and provide algorithms for accessing and analysing threat data, metadata and patterns.
- Real-Time Monitoring of Cyber Security Threats: To develop visualization techniques that enable rapid situational awareness of cyber threats and risks that will deliver confidence in the quality and provenance of shared information.
- Cyber Policy and Law: Activities are designed to build the cyber security capacity of legal, criminology, policy and business scholars. The aim is to understand and explain the impacts of emerging technologies on existing regulatory and legal frameworks. Projects will commence largely as public interest research and will be incorporated into our two other research streams.
Before a Scholarship can be awarded, a successful applicant must provide a valid unconditional offer of admission (or be an existing student) to a postgraduate research degree at one of the CSCRC Research Universities.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Scholarships of $50,000 p.a. are available for Australian, New Zealand students, or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- Scholarships of $37,000 p.a. are available for International students. Further, depending on the thesis topic and industry supporter, a further top-up of up to $13,000 p.a. may be available
- PhD Top-up CSCRC Research Scholarships of $23,000 p.a. are available for Australian, New Zealand students, or Permanent Residents of Australia, and $10,000 p.a. for International students for any student who already has a Graduate Scholarship such as through the Research Training Program.
- A one-year Scholarship of $15000 is available for a student who undertakes an industry-based project with a CSCRC Participant as part of a Masters by Coursework or professional Masters degree (thesis component to be equivalent to an Honours degree thesis)
Potential applications should discuss their proposed research with CSCRC researchers in advance. QUT's initial point of contact for the CSCRC Research Providers is:
Professor Colin Fidge - School of Computer Science
Submit your Scholarship Expression of Interest (EOI) to Professor Fidge as well as to email@example.com.
Before a CSCRC Scholarship approval is made, you will be required to provide:
- Evidence of application for admission to a postgraduate research degree at QUT
- The research proposal submitted for admission demonstrating interest and applicability to one of
the CSCRC Research Themes.
- Your CV.
- Copies of your academic transcripts.
- A one-page statement outlining which CSCRC Scholarship Category (outlined below) you are
seeking to apply for, and why you would be a suitable CSCRC Scholar.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.