Quanthub Diversity in Data Science Scholarship
- 1 May 2020
Diversity in tech and data science is sorely lacking as the chart below shows. Diversity data and research show that the tech and data science sector recruitment processes reflects unconscious bias. The bias is a key driver of the lack of diversity in tech, including data science, data engineering and data analytics fields.
To be eligible for the scholarship, participants must:
- Be of ethnic minority residing in the United States
- Enrolled full or part-time in a relevant undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States during the 2019-2020 school year – data science, business analytics, statistics or computer science, or computer information systems.
- Please note that students enrolled in short term boot camps, nano-degrees, etc. programs are excluded.
- University certificate programs of 1 year or more in length and online degree programs at a higher education institution are acceptable.
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation - will be submitted with the application, can be from anyone, maximum 1-page single-spaced, on why you merit this scholarship
To this effect, we are offering a $1,000 scholarship award to support diversity in the data science field.
Applicants will be asked to answer a series of questions and to demonstrate achievement, leadership, and initiative in the field of data science. You are also asked to submit 1 letter of reference with your application.
The deadline to submit your application is May 1, 2020. Award will be announced on June 1, 2020. For questions please contact us through our website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.