President’s Doctoral Scholar International Awards at University of Manchester
- Tuition fees + annual stipend
- 25 March 2021
The PDS Awards will be allocated to our most outstanding international (non-UK) candidates seeking PhD opportunities and are open to all nationalities and research areas.
The University of ManchesterAll Scholarships from The University of Manchester
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2021;
- hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
We will only consider applications for these full scholarships once you receive a formal offer. Application forms will be provided to the Primary Supervisor following the issue of an offer letter to the candidate for a PhD programme.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships will cover:
- all university tuition fees at the international rate;
- an annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
If you wish to be considered, you must first follow all the usual admissions processes and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer.
On your application form in the funding section, state that you intend to apply for a PDS Award. See information on potential projects and supervisors and information on how to submit an online PhD application.
Once you have been interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will then work with your Primary Supervisor to complete the PDS application form, which needs to be submitted to the Faculty Doctoral Academy by 30 April 2021.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.