The PDS Awards will be allocated to our most outstanding international (non-UK) candidates seeking PhD opportunities and are open to all nationalities and research areas.
President’s Doctoral Scholar International Awards at University of Manchester
- Tuition fees + annual stipend
- 25 March 2021
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is the largest single-site university in the UK, with the biggest student community.All Scholarships from The University of Manchester
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2021;
- hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
We will only consider applications for these full scholarships once you receive a formal offer. Application forms will be provided to the Primary Supervisor following the issue of an offer letter to the candidate for a PhD programme.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships will cover:
- all university tuition fees at the international rate;
- an annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
If you wish to be considered, you must first follow all the usual admissions processes and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer.
On your application form in the funding section, state that you intend to apply for a PDS Award. See information on potential projects and supervisors and information on how to submit an online PhD application.
Once you have been interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will then work with your Primary Supervisor to complete the PDS application form, which needs to be submitted to the Faculty Doctoral Academy by 30 April 2021.