Presidential International Baccalaureate Scholarships at Saint Mary’s University
- $9,000 p.a.
- 1 March 2021
Saint Mary's University was founded in 1802 and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The university has a long tradition of academic excellence in teaching and research. Our campus is home to more than 7,000 students from over 115 countries. Saint Mary's University is recognized as having one of the most internationalized student populations in Canada.
In keeping with our motto, Age Quod Agis - Do what you do, we have achieved excellence in undergraduate studies within Liberal Arts, Environmental Studies, Business, Science and Engineering. We also offer graduate programs in areas of particular strength. All of our academic programs are accredited and recognized internationally, to ensure students have worldwide access to employment and graduate studies.
All of our programs within the Sobey School of Business have received the highest level of international accreditation. The AACSB accreditation spans from our Bachelor of Commerce to our Ph.D. in Business Management.
We have a Bachelor of Science program known for the number of research opportunities available for undergraduate students. Those studying areas of green chemistry are able to make use of the green roof research facilities of the new Atrium and Global Learning Commons while Astrophysics students spend time in the Burke Gaffney Observatory on campus.
Saint Mary's Bachelor of Arts degree is known for its flexibility and a wide range of course offerings including some very unique majors such as International Development Studies, Criminology, Asian Studies, and Atlantic Canada Studies.
Saint Mary's University
- Domestic and international high school applicants with an admission average of 95% or higher, or an IB result of 36+.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at Saint Mary’s University.
- Must be accepted to Saint Mary's University by March 1.
- The Presidential Scholarship and the Presidential International Baccalaureate Scholarship are valued at $9,000 (CAD) per year and are renewable over four years for a total of $36,000 (CAD).
- Complete Parts 1 & 3 of the Named Entrance Awards Application.
- Upload a 750-word essay based on your community involvement, contribution to school life and plans for the future.
- Attach a resume which includes information on involvement in community service, participation in student government, athletic achievement, extracurricular activities, and volunteer and /or paid work.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from high school Principal, Guidance Counsellor or Teacher
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.