President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship at the University of South Florida)
- 100% tuition fee for 4 years; $22000 stipend
- 3 February 2020
USF's Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship was launched in 2015 in honor of India's late President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. One award is offered each academic year. This Fellowship is only for a Ph.D. It is NOT a combination of Master's degree/Ph.D. You must have already completed your Master's degree prior to applying for the Kalam Award.Candidates must have submitted an application to USF for the PhD program in specified STEM subjects and received a university ID number prior to submitting the Kalam Fellowship form, which is available at https://www.usf.edu/world/resources/kalamfellowship.aspx.
2016-17 Avijit Sengupta from IIT-Bombay
2017-18 Veena Subramanian from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2018-19 Arjun Kadian from University of Pune
University of South Florida
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business Ph.D. programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
Candidates must meet all eligibility requirements for the program of their choice (please visit the website to check if you are eligible).
Candidates must have graduated from or are about to graduate from an Indian University.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The University of South Florida will:
- Waive all tuition for a total of up to four years.
- Contribute a stipend of $22,000 that is payable in three installments of $8000 each in the fall and spring semesters and $6000 in the summer semester. In addition to waiving tuition fees, this award covers health insurance and other fees.
- The stipends will be payable by USF once the winner of the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship at the University of South Florida is enrolled at the university for his/her first term.
All other costs will be met by the awardee.
All candidates must have submitted a USF graduate application and established a university ID number at the USF graduate admissions portal prior to submitting the Kalam Fellowship form. To submit the A.P.J. Kalam application, candidates must scan the following materials and email them to KalamFellowship@usf.edu in one composite PDF.
- Postgraduate Fellowship Form (please find the application form online)
- A brief letter outlining your interest in the Fellowship and your proposed area of study.
- Curriculum Vitae including your current occupation, your academic and professional experience/achievement and evidence of scholarly activity
- Statement on intended research for your Ph.D. degree under the Kalam Fellowship
- Two Letters of Recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead
- Some programs may require a GRE score; please check with individual departments' requirements
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.